Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kids Carnival



I wish I had some more pictures to share, but I left the camera connected to the computer and drained the battery. I didnt realize this until we were getting ready to walk out the door and I charged it for oh, 5 minutes. The picture above is all the charge got me! Which is ok, since I love love love back turned, hand holding, walking pictures. IL looks like he's lagging behind, but he is actually holding T's hand.

We went to the Kids Carnival that is held each year at the subase youth center. It's highly overpriced and each year they have less rides but the boys absolutely love it. It was IJ's first year to be able to do anything and he had so much fun. I wish I would've gotten a few pictures of them! Even though it was expensive, I was so glad we went. My boys amazed me. We drove to where they had a shuttle bus, and had to wait in line for it to come. All the other kids were running around, getting in trouble and my little guys, stood there right in front of us and waited for the bus. No complaining, no fussing, no running about. Then we got there and they continued to warm my heart. T held IL's hand for so much of the night, and helped him on and off the rides. At one point when they were standing in line, I looked down and saw T's hand resting on IL's shoulder! It was touching to clearly see the love and compassion they have for each other.
T's friend from school was there, his name is Seth. IL thinks all the school friends are his too. Seth fell on this big pirate ship slide just as Adam was taking IL and IJ to another ride. Seth was crying and T ran over to make sure he was ok. Seth was fine, but IL was already on the other ride. It was a motorcycle carosel, and when he came around to where T and i were standing, he yelled "T, is Sef ok?" He was so concerned for another that he hardly knows, even though he was on a ride! It just warmed my heart all night to see how caring they were!
They continually amaze me and teach me each and every day. I have been so blessed with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment